The Sanctuary of SS. Crucifix of Mercy, was built between 1683 and 1694 by workers of Salento, Lecce, including the architect Giuseppe Zimbalo. The building was built on the foundations of an earlier church dating back to 1623, to guard an icon depicting the SS. Crucifix of Mercy (XIV century) still present in the middle of the main altar.
It was elevated to Sanctuary in 1796 by Pope Pius VI and it has a magnificent baroque facade, built in the local stone, the so-called “pietra leccese” and carparo. In the sanctuary, surrounded by a balustrade in polychrome marble, is preserved in the center of the magnificent altar of local stone, the icon of the SS. Crucifix of Mercy, flanked by statues of St. Francis Saverio and St. Francis de Sales.